Sunday, September 16, 2012

Doll #9 - Zelda Zebra

When you find a knit top in black and white stripes, there's not much choice but to make a zebra!  Zelda started off with a different set of eyes.
 
These eyes are buttons and, even though they went with color in the hair, I wasn't happy with them.  Still, I had taken the first set of pictures before I decided to change the eyes from buttons to pompoms.
 
Early stage - all of my dolls, except Gilda, have the head and body cut in one piece.
 
Her hair is yarn that I crocheted, hooking to long running stitches on her head.
 
Zelda, from a couple more angles.
 
I sewed joints into her legs so that she's be able to sit.
 
Lastly, front view that shows the convergence of the stripes.
 

2 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Wow! Op art doll! How wild!

Curious Art said...

Fantastic doll! Especially the way you've used the stripes to emphasize the face & belly-- delightful!