This is Gaudy Gilda. She was the third doll I made, and the first time I tried a face.
She was also the last time I tried a face! Way too challenging...
Here she is in the early stages of construction. I had her on my work table. I walked out of the room, and when I came back in and saw her, my first thought was "corpse." My husband walked in and said, "NCIS - Ducky's autopsy room." Hmm.
Gilda came together with pink hair and a red boa. The boa is a collar I cut off from a thrift shop blouse. The boa is permanently sewn on.
I was happy with the hair - it's pink yarn that I crocheted. Again, I had sewn a running stitch around her head, and used it to hook on the "hair" as I crocheted. NOTHING would get the hair back off this doll!
Gilda told me she wanted a heart. I had this piece I'd made, thinking it would be a pendant for a necklace, and I decided to use it for Gilda's heart. The purple part is polymer clay, the sparkles on the heart are sparkly nail polish. I added the beads and findings.
While Gilda sits fine on a flat surface, some knee joints would have been in order if I'd known she'd like sitting in a rocking chair! Her body, head, arms and legs are made from batik cottons. So far she's generated mostly negative response. I do hope she'll find someone to love her!!