Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Doll #2

This was my second doll, and I named him Devlin Doolittle.  Because of the way I attached his legs (learning process...) his legs stick out at weird angles, and it was hard to get him to sit at all.  Since he could do very little, I chose Doolittle for his name.
I have a set of long needles used for cloth dolls.  I attached the legs by sewing back and forth through the doll and through the legs.  You can see why the legs stuck out to the sides of his body, rather than straight ahead.  My husband, seeing this, suggested "joints" in the legs, and I did that in future dolls.
Devlin's "hair" is a piece of trim that I stitched onto his head.  His head and body are a batik flannel that's really soft to the touch.  The arms and legs are a cotton batik that coordinated beautifully with the flannel.
Devlin is wearing a Disney bowtie that I found in the trim section at Wal-Mart.  His eyes are from my button collection.
The socks are from the infant department at Wal-Mart.  I bought several pairs of socks and it was tempting to make dolls based on the socks! 
Devlin Doolittle gives new meaning to the term "pigeon-toed"!!

No comments: