Thursday, June 7, 2012

Whispers of the Past

Mouse over to see original photo























Today's assignment in Beyond Layers was to work with the word "whisper."  That meant coming up with something soft and delicate - not my usual type of work!  Kim also provided two new textures for us to work with. 

This photo was taken in Beaufort, North Carolina.  At one time this building was a school/academy.  I think it's a private home now.  My original photo was way too intense in color, so I used Kim's "flourish" texture twice and "the veil" texture once.  I did a lens flare layer, based on Kim's instructions, and adjusted "levels" to get the dreamy/hazy atmosphere.  On most layers, I erased the layer where it covered the flowers so that I could keep most of the color in the flowers.  Here's the original photo:























6 comments:

wayne15575 said...

Very nice Jean. Great job on the mouseover too.

Robin said...

Very Cool!

Beverly said...

The edited version is very dreamy, and so lovely. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Lovely image, deliciously soft. Would do great as a cover of a romantic novel.

Mary Ann Roesler said...

You fulfilled the assignment to the nth degree!

Mollie said...

Jean, you did a great job this week! Didn't you love the sun flare? That was totally new to me.