Friday, April 2, 2010

A Most Useful Sunset


If you read yesterday's post, Changing the Background, you'll know that I'm playing with a Photoshop technique called "multiply." I've continued to play. I paired the above sunset photo with several of my other photos and got some pretty interesting images. The results aren't just from the "multiply" button - I pulled in some other techniques as well, but the one thing they have in common is that I used the sunset photo in all of them.

I took this photograph on the golf course behind our home. The water was perfectly still.

I used the sky part of the sunset to produce this image. I also made a second copy of the sky and flipped it upside down to use for the reflection of the clouds in the water. I tell you, you can fake almost anything!

A shot of my favorite pier at our local beach.

Again I used just the sunset sky to color this image.

A dock I photographed on one of my walks.

This time I made use of the water as well as the sky. Looks like a storm is brewing!

This is my paternal grandmother, Rosilia, at the age of 15. I'm working on a composite that uses her image, so I had already "isolated" it from the background. She'll be in a cemetery and I plan to call it "Grandmother's Ghost." Since that project is still in progress, I decided to give her some time-off and take her for a visit to the beach.

It was a lovely day and she enjoyed herself!

6 comments:

Robin said...

That shot from the Golf Course is perfect...so hard to find perfectly still water.

Vicki Lane said...

Totally love that you took your grandmother to the beach!

Happy Easter!

Vicki Lane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pepper Cory said...

Love the ghostly grandma at the beach---cool.

Yarnhog said...

Those are such cool images!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this picture of the girl at the ocean...she would look great as an applique wall hanging! Have you thought of doing that?