Tuesday, May 10, 2011

V, W, X, Y, and Z

















V is for Voice.  The picture is of a painting I did, using one of Cezanne's paintings as my model.

















W is for World.  I took the photograph of the ferris wheel at Niagra Falls last October.  We went up in the ferris wheel, and it was pretty incredible to see the illuminated Falls at night from that height.


















X is for Xebec.  X was a real challenge since there aren't that many X words that I'd even heard of!  I picked this one because it was a sailing ship, and I found the image online.


















Y is for Yearn.  The upper left photo is from the early 70's.  Ed and I were on a hiking trip in the Appalachian Mountains in New Hampshire.  I was in the process of reading from the guide book.  The lower left picture was taken on a canoe trip in Michigan - again, early 70's.  The last photo is one I took recently (in the bathroom mirror).  That's my cockatiel posing on my shoulder.  What I sometimes yearn for is the sense of adventure I lost many years ago.



















Z is for Zebra.  I took this photo this spring during a visit to the North Carolina Zoological Park.  When it came time to zentangle the letter Z, I decided to do it in zebra stripes.

3 comments:

Lee Pierce said...

I have enjoyed this project, Jean.

Thanks so much for sharing the journey. I love the Z stripes :D

Vicki Lane said...

Love the yearning eyes in Y!

Pepper Cory said...

I am sorry this alphabet has come to end.