Friday, April 22, 2011

H is for House
















This is a picture of my first home, in Moosup, Connecticut, where we lived with my grandparents. That's the actual house, but I've set it into a painting of a winter scene. I used Photoshop to perform this magic.  I offer this as one of my notecards in my Paper Press Etsy shop, and in one of my ACEO's, in my other Etsy shop.



















The letter H, zentangled.

The quote I used:  A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body.  (Benjamin Franklin)

I had wanted to use "home" instead of "house" for my H word, but one of my original parameters was to only use 5-letter words.  That got me thinking about other H words that represent home, and I made a list, each word being one letter longer than the previous word.  Yes, I'm OCD, but it's one of my favorite personality traits!  Here's the list:
hut
hive
haven
harbor
hideout
highrise
homestead
habitation
So, to include this list on my H page, I "drew" another house in Photoshop, and placed my word list on the roof of the house.


My final page spread.  H is also for Happy.  :o)

2 comments:

Lee Pierce said...

LOVE this page! The home in winter is beautiful :-) and your quote and little house with word roof are perfect. Well done, Jean.

Vicki Lane said...

Love the old house!