Saturday, August 22, 2009

Casey Cockatiel


Anyone who knows me at all, knows that I'm a big fan of stuffed toys. One of my frogs, Flossie, even has her own blog and facebook page. And my last post introduced you to Big Louie, a recent, and very large, addition to the family.
Casey Cockatiel joined us about a week ago. Ed (hubby) and I have been together for almost 40 years and this is our first "live" pet! The three of us are adjusting quite well. Casey is two years old, and was previously with another family. He likes to sit on our shoulders, loves to rub heads, and is a great singer.

A cockatiel is a slender, long-crested Australian parrot related to the cockatoos. (Cockatiels even have their own national organization.) Counting the tail, Casey is about 10"-12" long. I can't say exactly, since he wasn't interested in standing still for a measurement.

I promise not to give him his own blog. But a cute face like that almost needs a facebook page. Don't you think??

1 comment:

Pepper Cory said...

Oh Jean-Casey is a beauty! A living pet is a great wonder. I am happy for you.