Saturday, May 16, 2009

Exhibiting My Artwork

I'm a member of the Arts Council of Carteret County (North Carolina). A couple years ago, the Arts Council started a program called Adopt an Artist. The program matches up local artists with businesses in the county. It gives artists an opportunity to show (and sell) their work in various venues. This is my first time participating. My work will be displayed at the Country Club of the Crystal Coast during May and June. Partly because I had so much work on hand, I have the venue to myself. I'm exhibiting 26 pieces, 18 of which are art quilts. The other eight are paintings or mixed media. I didn't get shots of everything, but these photos will give you an idea of what some of the display looks like. (click to enlarge)











3 comments:

p said...

wow! good for you Jean. that has got to feel exciting to have so much work up at once, especially the pure indulgence of showing all that you do not just one genre. I hope you get good mojo from this!

Jean Baardsen said...

Thanks, Paula! Took my sister out to see it this past week. The club house is right on the water - beautiful location.

Robin said...

Good Luck, Jean