Friday, November 6, 2009

Close Encounters


I love texture, and see a lot of it in nature. These images are from photos I've taken on my walks. The first one is blue jay feathers. A blue jay had been killed and left by a path on the golf course. The feathers were still brilliant with color.

This is the underside of a mushroom cap that had been growing in our backyard.

Not surprising, with as much time as I spend at the beach, that some of my images would be of seashells.

I'm not sure if this one would be considered a shell or a piece of coral.

Can you guess what this one is? It's a close-up of a pine cone. Not quite the original color - thank you, Photoshop - but a great show of texture.

A beautifully veined leaf.

And last, but not least, some berries on a tree at the golf course.

3 comments:

Robin said...

WOW, these are so much fun!!

Pepper Cory said...

I think the last one would make a great card...

Rosa-Munda said...

Lovely variety of textures - you can almost feel some of them! Ros