Monday, August 6, 2012

Oriental Obsession




















This week's theme for Collage Obsession is "Oriental."  Hence my post title, Oriental Obsession. 

















I took this flamingo picture last year at the North Carolina Zoo



















Here it is after levels, hue/saturation, etc.























This picture was also taken at the zoo, in their beautiful botanical gardens.  I resized this photo and merged it with the flamingos to make this a subtle background layer.  I erased this layer where it covered the flamingos.  It made the flamingo in the back of the picture pop - it was hardly noticable before.




















You can make out some of the red flower in the background.























I also photographed this orchid at the zoo's botanical gardens.  I altered the color, removed most of the background, and added it to the flamingo image.




















You can see the orchid in the upper right corner.  While I was happy with how this was going, I wasn't sure I'd achieved the theme of "oriental" and so went looking on the internet.
























Where I conveniently found this bamboo.  I altered color and size and added it in the lower left corner to produce my final image.




















Another fun collage, and I'm definitely obsessed with doing them!

7 comments:

indybev said...

The bamboo was just the right touch. Great photos.

Carolyn said...

Thanks for posting all of your photos to create your oriental piece. It is wonderful.

Kaylene said...

Wonderful photographs and final edit.

Lori Saul said...

Such wonderful elements in this graceful piece!

Linda Kittmer said...

Beautiful! The flamingo especially has the feel of the orient! I' love the colours in that shot.

Vicki Lane said...

What fun! I love seeing the various steps.

Angela Reeves said...

I've just discovered your blog today through the collage obsession blog. Gorgeous photos!! I look forward to visiting again and seeing more of your creations :-)