Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pelicans
























I was at the beach the other day, watching the pelicans.















I was sitting on a small dune, and would try to get shots of the pelicans as they flew by.  This is the result of probably taking about 50 pictures of the birds.  I'd miss the shot, or give up and put my camera back in my pocket.
























Of course, then a whole slew of pelicans would fly by and I'd miss what - in my imagination, anyway - were some great shots.  Personally, I think they were waiting till the camera was out of sight....  In any case, it was a beautiful day, and wonderful to be outdoors. 

















This little girl was standing still for a moment, but she and her three sisters had been having a blast frolicking on the beach.

2 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Nice pictures -- pelicans are so stately in flight.

Pepper Cory said...

Love the pelicans--my favorite birds as you know.