Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Accident!

I was scanning some travel slides, and I accidently put two slides in the same scanner slot.  Would you call that a double exposure?  In any case,  I totally love it!  I rescanned the slides individually, in case you'd like to see which two pictures produced the above image.
These slides were taken in Maine, probably in 1983.



















I tried it again with a couple other slides, but, of course, only came out with a dark blob. 



























Here's one more shot from that day.  That's Ed stretched out on the rocks in the foreground.

3 comments:

Robin said...

That double exposure is great!

Vicki Lane said...

Love this happy accident!

Holly Knott said...

I love it! As an aside, I've read that double exposures (intentional ones) aren't possible on digital cameras. I remember having fun with that in my 35mm days.