Monday, March 7, 2011

My Name is Jena

My name is Jena and I'm an inner child.  I was named when the "mother ship" typed her name wrong, but, trust me, I'm more than just a typo!  I'm an artist.  An artist who doesn't get to do enough art!!

She doesn't listen to me!  You know what I mean?  I'm so sad when she doesn't listen to me.  I want to do messy art.  I'm a great artist, but she seldom lets me do my art.  She always finds reasons or excuses for not doing messy art.  Messy art is where you actually get your hands dirty, like with paint or glue or other fun stuff.

Why can't we just play?  I'm sick of being on the computer!  I want to make a MESS!!  She keeps telling me we'll start soon, and then she lets me down again.  She's so uptight, so afraid of doing something wrong.  Well, if we do mess up, the world won't come to an end, and we could have some fun trying.

I like going to the beach or the aquarium, and going for lots of walks.  I like it when we take lots of photos.  There's a new book she bought and I'm REALLY excited about it!  I like Liz and her book and I want to play like she does.  Liz talks about writing poetry, and - big surprise to me - we've started writing some!

Okay, I know the mother ship is trying to get with the program.  Soon I'll be painting again.  I can be a real pain if she tries to ignore me, so eventually, I'll get my way.

2 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Love the pics of Casey and of the geese! Now, Jean, get off the computer and go get Jena some nice messy art supplies!

Pepper Cory said...

Finger paints are calling.