Monday, May 11, 2009

Playing with Pattern

Here's a picture that I took on one of my walks on the golf course.
In Photoshop, I made three duplicates of the photograph, changed their orientation, and put them together in a new image. (I described doing this with tree fungus in my last post.) Here's what the new image looked like, before and after I merged the four parts together.
My next step was to make three copies of this picture, and put them together in a new image. I then changed the color to make it look more brown than gray.
I next selected the "Palette Knife" filter in Photoshop, and got what I felt was a more painterly-looking image.
My last step was to again make three copies and put them together in a new image. This one looks an awful lot like a quilt pattern to me! It's fun to take a bit of landscape and come out with a complicated, colorful pattern like this one.

No comments: